This week-long hands-on online program is designed for students ages 9 through 11 who want to design and build prototype solutions for our community's greatest challenges. The course will encourage creativity, fun, and collaboration as well as guide students through the design thinking process. Students will use creative reuse materials and RAFT’s STEAM Learning Activities to reinforce and be introduced to Next Generation Science Standards with convergent and divergent design challenges. At the end of the week’s Virtual STEAM Summer Camp, students will be given the opportunity to present their design solution to community members. Students who rise to the weekly challenges will earn a Design Thinking Certificate and have begun developing their online STEAM and Design Thinking Portfolio.
- Live teacher for 3 hours per day
- Students work together in small teams on STEAM design challenges
- Hands-on materials delivered to your door
- Real-world and content-rich with STEAM lessons
- Design Thinking Certificate
- Three different courses, each with a different theme: air, earth, and sea
Please take a moment to fill out the Registration Form below and add it to your cart. Then return to this page and select the session(s) you would like to enroll your student(s) in. You will need to add the registration item and the course(s) selected to your cart before checking out.
- You must add at least one course for your registration to be valid.
- If you are registering more than one student, you must complete a separate registration form for each student.
- Each session is limited to 16 students.
- When checking out, please make sure you have the registration form and at least one course in your cart.
If you are unable to participate due to financial concerns, assistance may be provided to the extent possible to cover a portion of the tuition. Depending on need, qualifying families will be asked to pay either $20 or $100 for the program. If you feel you need tuition assistance, please complete the tuition form here. If your application is accepted, you will receive a code to use during checkout.
Note: If you are applying for tuition assistance, you must do so before registration.